Friday 18 March 2016

HEAR MY STORY

HEAR MY STORY

My name is Adesuwa. I was raised by God -fearing parents who were blest with six girls. Both parents served as deacon and deaconess in a Pentecostal church. I happened to be their third daughter, with three younger ones.
 I had my HND at Yaba college for technology and was posted to Kwara state for my youth service. I had given my life to Christ since my secondary school days, I used  to sing a lot sometimes I even compose my own songs. I joined the church choir when I was just nine years old.
 After the three weeks orientation programme of the NYSC,i was posted to a secondary school at Oyan, i started looking for a Pentecostal church where I could be worshiping and soon I was able to find one.
  Shortly after I started worshiping in the church, i joined the choir. Fortunately, it was at the time when the choir leader had just left the church, and there was nobody to coordinate the members.....before I knew it ,I was made the choir leader after being interviewed by the pastor, Pastor Williams. I was loved by everybody in the church especially the choristers, because of my unique voice. Whenever I sing or lead a song, the whole congregation has a way of murmuring "huu uun!" with a sigh of satisfaction when they hear my voice. Most of the choir members were younger than me, so they call me "aunty" or "sister sewa.
   One of them was Bode, who used to play the keyboard for us in the church. He was so gifted when it comes to instruments, there was no instrument he could play .I always felt the presence of God  whenever he was on keyboard.
   I was named Adesuwa after my late grandmother, who passed away shortly before I was born. My dad loved his mum so much, and hence transferred the love to me, believing that his late mother was the one who came back, more so, according to him, I was the mama's carbon copy. It was after he was saved ,that he knew he was wrong .My second name was Yetunde. My dad saw me as perfect anything I did or said was right, even when I myself knew that it was wrong.  In a nutshell I was his favorite.
    When my mum noticed that daddy was treating me like the apple of his eyes she wasn't taking things easy with me at all. She would spank me at any slight mistake I made, mostly when my dad wasn't at home. Sometimes she would lament.." You this spoilt brat!. Your father has spoilt you. see, i will make sure I deal with you before maggots start coming out of your body......"
  My two elder sisters too, also made life miserable for me, especially, the first born, sister Temi. She would never tolerate any nonsense from me, she took after mummy, but her own was just too much.
     By the time I was serving, sister Temi and sister Tiwa have married, but I have been tamed already.TO BE CONTINUED IN PART TWO

No comments:

Post a Comment