Tuesday 31 May 2016

LAST WORDS OF FAMOUS PEOPLE- NOTABLE POLITICAL LEADERS AND DICTATORS

LAST WORDS OF FAMOUS MEN \
(1)ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Alexander the Great  who had conquered lands from Macedonia to Pakistan , died in 323BC at the age of 33 in the palace of king Nebuchadnezzar II . After conquering kingdoms on his way returning home, he took ill and that illness took him to his death bed. At that moment, his captured territories, powerful army , sharp swords and wealth had no meaning to him. He realized that death would soon arrive and he would be unable to return to his homeland. He told his officers: "I would soon leave this world. I have three final wishes and you need to carry out what I tell you." His generals in tears agreed.
"My first wish is to have my physician bring my coffin home alone." After gasping for air, Alexander continued :" My second wish  is  scatter the gold, silver and gems from my treasure-house along the path to the tomb when you ship my coffin to the grave." After wrapping  in a warm woolen blanket and resting for a while, he said: "My  final wish is to put my hands outside the coffin."
   People around him  were very curious, but no one dared to ask the reason. Alexander most favoured general kissed his hand and asked :"My majesty, we will follow your instruction. But can you tell us why you want us to do it this way?"
 After taking a deep breath, Alexander said:"I want everybody to understand three lessons that I have learned. To let my physician carry my coffin alone is to let people realize that a physician cannot really cure people's illness. Especially when they face death, the physicians are powerless . I hope people will learn to treasure their lives.
 My second wish is to tell people not to be like me in pursuing wealth. I spent my whole life pursuing wealth but I was wasting most of the time.
 My third wish is to let people understand that I came into this world with empty hands and I will leave this world also with empty hands." He closed his eyes after he finished talking and stopped breathing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment