Sunday 20 November 2016

YOUR INTEREST CONQUERS IT ALL

YOUR INTEREST CONQUERS IT ALL
 There was a time in my life that sciences was an issue. Deep in my heart, I knew that sciences was will be of great use to me in achieving my career, but the method of teaching in which the teachers presented was kind of difficult. For example our chemistry teacher would tell us to imagine the electron revolving round then nucleus like as the various planets revolve round the sun. This seemed to me strange because I have never in my life seen an atom not to talk its sub particles the electrons revolving round it. My Geography teach used to whip the hell out  of us because we could not describe correctly the different types of plain. In my SS2, I had a female  chemistry teacher   who would mock us days without end because we couldn't solve a problem on electrolysis and told most of us especially myself that we can never excel as scientists in the future. This bothered me greatly that I felt like quitting sciences, but a simple reply that my father gave to my question changed it all.
     My father would always tell us as children how he excelled in his academics. I thought he was exaggerating then until I saw most of this classmates in school who confirmed it. They told me how he was a great marksman during his brief stay in the Nigerian police force and how he represented the police force in the east and west African shooting competition and came out the best during the colonial era.
   My father was indeed a wonder to me then. He spoke German, and  efik languages fluently after many years of not speaking the language. He taught himself driving without going to a driving school and this always made me to wonder what was behind it  all.
My desire to know the secret behind his success made me to ask him this question one certain evening when he was telling me about one of his successes as a youth.
'Dad' I asked " what was the secret behind your success as a youth?" My dad smiled as said "interest my son" he replied "just interest"
That reply changed my mentality from that day onwards and I started excelling as never before and this marveled my teachers in secondary school. I excelled in my science and later in life did a science related career with ease. My dad is now late but the answer he gave to me changed my life forever.
One cant succeed in anything he or she wants to do unless he gives it his interest. This is because interest brings about focus and focus brings about excellence. No wonder the bible tells us " whatever a man finds his hand to do he should do it with all his might". why some people do not succeed in their career or profession is that they haven't put their interest in that profession. Interest clears all obstacles, interest kills that  giant of fear, interest makes you a winner, interest conquers it all. learn today to develop a keen interest in what you do and I assure you, your road to excellence and fame is sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment