Sunday 10 April 2016

A LOOK BACK AT ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS LOOK-ALIKE SON, JOSEPH BAENA

A Look Back at Arnold Schwarzenegger's Relationship with His Look-Alike Son, Joseph Baena

       
                                 
     
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Joseph Baena: Their Past Relationship
 
       
Joseph Baena was the spitting image of his father, Arnold Schwarzenegger, when he stepped out in Malibu yesterday, but there was a time when his parentage was not so obvious.

In fact, it took seven or eight years before Arnold Schwarzenegger learned that he had fathered a son, now 18, with his former housekeeper, Mildred Baena.

When the boy "started looking like me, that's when I kind of got it. I put things together," the action star and former California governor, 68, told 60 Minutes in 2012.

Schwarzenegger, who was married to Maria Shriver at the time, continued to employ the housekeeper at the family home, and quietly began providing additional financial support to her and their son.



A Look Back at Arnold Schwarzenegger's Relationship with His Look-Alike Son, Joseph Baena| Movie News, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver, Mildred Baena
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Isa Foltin / Getty

But it wasn't until 2011, the day after he left the governor's office, that the actor revealed the secret to Shriver and their four children. Baena was 14 at the time.

"It was very difficult, strange, bizarre," said Schwarzenegger of hiding the truth. "I just said to myself, 'Okay, I'm going to put this away.' "

Shriver filed for divorce shortly after the revelation. Schwarzenegger later described telling his other children that they have a half brother.

"I asked them for forgiveness," he said. "They cried. It tears your heart out."

 

Schwarzenegger chose not to discuss Baena during the explosive 60 Minutes interview, saying simply, "The important thing that everyone should know is that I take care of him and I take care of [his mother]. And I fulfill my responsibility and I'm glad to do that."

Last year, however, he opened up to talk-show host Howard Stern about his current relationship with his son.

"He's terrific and he totally understands the situation," the actor said. "So, it all has worked out … It's a very tough situation for him. It's a very tough situation for my kids, very tough situation for my family. It was tough for everybody. But it has happened and now we have to figure it out, right?"

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment